Saturday, June 23, 2012

WIPs

I'm up at 5:30 on my day off, and all that I want to do is crochet! But, I have so much to do, I feel like I need to blog! Last night, on the Crochet Crowd Group, someone asked the question "how many projects do you have on the go?" Here's my answer:


  1. Multi-Colour Dream Blankie - this is a scrap buster using only Red Heart Soft Touch. It's made up of 3 round closed grannies, and I figure that I need about 420 of them to make it work. I think I have about 100 now.
  2. John's Vancouver Canucks Blanket - something my hubby requested. It will be a graphghan when I'm done, but I'm avoiding working on it right now. I think I need to try something smaller as a graph before I start something huge.
  3. Baby Granny Scrap-ghan - this is another scrap buster using Bernat Baby Coordinates. I bought and used most of the yarn years ago, and now it's time to get the scraps used up. I plan on donating this one to charity.
  4. Diagonal Box Stitch Baby Blanket - this is yet another scrap buster using Loops & Threads yarn. I bought it a couple of years ago, and just haven't used it. I love the yarn though! It's like butter!
  5. Nubby Granny Square Throw - yes, you bet, another scrap buster made using Bernat Soft Boucle. I actually think the original wool came from my mom from an old project and I'm just using it up!
  6. Mod Placemats - made using some very discounted Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. I have one done, and I hope I can get the other finished without having to buy more yarn.
  7. Honeydew Flowers - making some flowers to make into pins. I had some extra Bernat Baby Cakes from a dress I made for my niece but too little to do anything with, so flowers it is! I think I have one or two left to make, and then sewing in all of the ends.
  8. Sashay Scarf - this is the second Sashay scarf that I've made, and honestly, I can't stand this yarn. It drives me crazy! I need to finish it so that it's over and done with!
  9. Chemo Caps - I think this one is going to be a scrap buster that I leave open. I have one almost done, but I think they're a great scrap buster, and something great to donate!
  10. Sucrette's Granny Poncho CAL - I'm making this one for my mom, and I have plans for making one from my M-I-L. I want to get this one finished but it's large and warm and I don't need any more warmth! It's so hot!
  11. Simple Stripes Baby Boy Blanket - another scrap buster. I'm not sure that I am 100% in love with the pattern I chose, so I might end up frogging it and starting it again. Same Red Heart Super Saver yarn, just maybe a bit different. I'm out of wool for this one, so I have to wait until I get through more of my stash to buy more.
  12. Gentle Waves Blankie - another scrap buster using Red Heart Super Saver and one of several wave/ripple blankets that I have on the go. Love them! Also out of wool for this one.
  13. Pastel Granny Square Purse - I just have to put this one together and crochet the handles. So little left to do, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!
  14. Bonbon Ripple - my second ripple using Red Hear Super Saver Scraps. Ran out of wool, so I'm waiting to finish.
  15. Momma & Poppa's Blanket - another diagonal box stitch blanket, and I just keep hoping that I have enough wool to finish it off because it's a discontinued yarn!
  16. "I'm a Big Boy" Blanket - the first two squares are done using Bernat Baby Jacquards and waiting for more projects to be done before I can buy more.
  17. RHSS Strip Scrap-Ghan - my only scrap-ghan! Love it! I'm going to make it big enough for a beach blanket, not that I go to the beach very much! Three strips done, many more to go!
  18. Pyjama Party Gingham Baby Blanket - I found inspiration from another lovely lady, and I have a few done, but I got bored so I put it aside! Eventually...
  19. Hexagons Gone Wild Blanket - I started this, but I actually have no idea where it is...Hopefully I find it!
  20. Rectangles Blanket - this one is using scrap baby wool, but I'm not totally satisfied with it. I think I'm going to frog it and do I basic granny like #3 except working in the back loops only for a little bit of a change.
And yes, that's it! 20 projects on the go! I want to try to finish what I can so that I can start even more! I think 20 projects on the go is enough! I'm pretty sure that I can finish #6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15. That's 7 that I can finish, and then start more! Never-ending!

Ok, time to get something done around the house. I have a mountain of laundry, picking up and general cleaning to do. And I have to make a potato salad for a bbq tonight! Busy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment