Monday, July 23, 2012

Projects for Baby Shields

One of my best friends recently had her second child - a baby girl named Kadyn Ann. Of course, I knew I needed to make her a few things! She found out around Christmas that they were having a girl, so I got to work.

Hootie
I made Hootie with this pattern and Red Heart Super Saver in Shocking Pink, Dark Orchid and Turqua. Also, a little bit of Cornmeal and White. It worked up super fast, but I have to say, I didn't enjoy making it. It was the first stuffie I has ever made, and I did not enjoy sewing it together. I hope it doesn't fall apart!

Baby blanket all laid out - it's huge!
And, of course, I had to make a blanket! I had my eye on this blanket pattern for a while, and really wanted to try it out. I made this with Red Heart Super Saver in Dark Orchid and Spring Green. They're definitely not traditional baby blanket colours, but I love it! And I know Mom will too! It worked up much faster than I thought it would. I did a simple single crochet border around it to finish it off.

Showing the pattern better
Headband and diaper cover for photos
And of course, something cute! I'm not very good at making clothes, but I couldn't help but make a diaper cover and headband. I got the pattern for the diaper cover from an Etsy shop called Little Abbee. It was super simple to follow and I would definitely make more! I made the headband using a pattern for the flower (I have made several - you can find the info here) and I made up the pattern for the band - simple single crochet. I googled the sizing because I had no idea how big a baby's head is!

Fortunately, the momma loved the gifts! I am so excited that I felt the love from her for it, you know? Some moms don't take into consideration the hard work and effort it takes to make these things, but she totally did. Now if only I could figure out something to make for her son!!


No comments:

Post a Comment