Sunday, July 22, 2012

Granny Square Swap


Hello everyone!

I've decided to try to organize a granny square swap. I love the idea of making a blanket with a bunch of squares from people from all around the world, so I thought I would try it out.

The plan is to get a bunch of lovely ladies together, and swap this square, as pictured above. I made this one yesterday (I haven't blocked it, so it looks wonky) in about an hour. I love it!

We would each make 12 squares, starting in August with your first square. I think we should all use the same materials to make it, so that it's easier to sew together. I used Red Heart Super Saver and a 5.50mm hook. It works out to a 10 inch square. You could use a similar yarn to Red Heart Super Saver, as long as it's a #4. Then, at the first of each month for the next 11 months, I will introduce you to a swap-sister, and you will arrange to swap a square, and something else small, handmade or purchased. The last swap I was in had you send info from your home town so that you could share your part of the world with your swap sister.

How does that sound?

The thing I love about this square is how versatile it is. You can do it any colour combination you want, and with it being 10 inches, 12 squares will make a decent sized lapghan.

I would love it if you want to join! Please send me an email at lbkcreations@hotmail.com. If you have any more questions about the swap, please let me know! I think it'll be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment